Energy Saving TipsNowadays, saving energy is no longer just a nice idea, it is an important skill for homeowners. Saving energy is saving money, plain and simple!
We could all use some great energy saving ideas! Hopefully you will find a few here that you can incorporate into your lifestyle. Small changes can add up to big savings!
· Install energy efficient appliances.
· Install energy efficient light bulbs throughout your home.
· Insulate ceilings and attics, don't forget to ask for tax credits, if applicable.
· Caulk windows and doors.
· Caulk anywhere there is an air leak.
· Wrap heating and cooling ducts with duct wrap.
· Install energy saver showerheads.
· Set your furnace thermostat to 68 degrees or lower.
· Set your air conditioner thermostat to 78 degrees or higher.
· Install a new energy efficient furnace and air conditioner.
· Replace old windows with new windows.
· Replace furnace and air conditioner filters on a regular basis.
· Set the water heater thermostat to 140 degrees if you have a dishwasher. If you do not have a dishwasher, set it at 120 degrees.
· Fix all plumbing and faucet drips as soon as they start.
· Only wash full loads in dishwasher and washer.
· Install shades or curtains on south and west windows in the summer.
· Open shades and curtains in the winter on sunny days to warm up your rooms.