9 Things That Make A House A Good Home!
1. Location - It needs to be not too far for you to drive to work, not too far from family, not too far from good schools – if you have kids, in a good school district, convenient location to shopping – even if it’s just a grocery store, and convenient location from highways.
2. Schools - If you have children or plan on having children in the future, schools are very important. The school district needs to be up to your standards and able to teach your children day in and day out.
3. How It Looks On The Land - How your house sits on it’s property. Whether you want it to be seen or not. Whether you want a lot of land or a little bit of land.
4. Walkability - A lot of people are starting to look for homes where they can walk to good food, entertainment, or shopping. You will get out of the house more and be able to keep yourself and your family entertained.
5. Neighborhood - You want a neighborhood where people are friendly and will watch over your home when you are away and where you are able to watch over theirs. This helps in the safety factor as well.
6. Best House On The Block - This is not the house to buy. Your house will not become better over time because it is already the best before you buy it. You want a house where your value will go up with whatever you decide to do with it.
7. Fixer Uppers - Make sure you understand what you are getting yourself into. Make sure to know if you can afford what needs to be fixed. If you don’t know how to do it, have a list of who can, whether you know them or their company.
8. Value - Make sure that your home will hold its value or the value will rise as you modify the home.
9. Taxes, Dues, Fees - Find out what the taxes are and if you are able to afford them. - Find out if there are dues, especially related to home owners associations that come with the house. - Find out if there are fees in order to own the home.